Search This Blog

Friday, March 6, 2009

IN THE NEWS NEWS
By Ted Collin

The record cold weather this year has wreaked havoc across the United States this year. This has put a crimp in the annual Skinny Dipping Day festivities out on Grand Traverse Bay here in Northern Michigan. The entire bay is frozen over so a dip is out of the question. It is probably a good thing. No one wants to see a bunch of future contestants on “The Biggest Looser”, program in the buff. Middle aged men that are 5 feet 9 inches tall and weigh in excess of 300 pounds tend to be looking a bit unattractive when they are not wearing anything but skin. And, the problem with cold water is, the shrinkage it causes is limited to only one area.

BUSINESS NEWS
By Ted Collin

Unemployment crept up to over 8% according to February numbers. About one in every 10 mortgages is in foreclosure and, if my brother Mike doesn’t pay me backs the money he owes me for bailing him out of jail, I’m going to kick him in the Jolly Rogers. I’ve got a date tonight and I need the money. This is the first date I’ve had this year and the first date I’ve had in 9 months that wasn’t’ with a relative.

In other business news, the Dow took a nose bleed dive this week falling to lows not seen since the middle of the last decade. Rush Limbaugh was so mad about the economy he challenged President Obama to a debate. Instead they played an awesome game of tether ball but Obama just beat that ball around the tethered poll well beyond Rush’s reach until, the ball was fully wrapped up and Rush lost. Rush then declared the game was fixed and that next time they would play either four squares or jump rope.

HEALTH CARE NEWS
By Deek Williams

I don’t know much about health care except for the sports injuries I seen on ESPN at the bar I work at but, some of my really boring customers want to watch the news on FOX or CNN so I kinda knows about the health care debatables . I for one believe anyone should get good health care at a cheap price. I for one have some tattoos in some places saying some stuff I ain’t too proud of. I’d love to have them removed but, I don't got the stash being a bartender down the block and working at this joint where they ain’t yet said what I’d be making.

Health care is something everyone needs but, nobody wants to pay for especially, my customers that watch Fox News. But, if they had tattoos in all the wrong places maybe they might not feel that way. Only universal health care is gonna get that image of Donald Duck off my backside

SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
By Tim Collin

The "Mars Society recently had a meeting. This is a group of earth people that want to colonize the planet mars. Are they nuts? Don’t they know this colonization thing goes both ways? With every group of people we send to the planet mars the Marsmen will send another group back to colonize us. Be afraid, be very afraid my fellow earthlicans. Just because they make great candy bars does not mean that Marsmen are not a bunch of psychopathic intergalactic monsters with two eyes and heads that swivel around on a thing called a neck. So beware of Marsmen. If a two eyed thing looks at you really funny, don’t run or show panic, just slink away. And of course never fall asleep because the marsmen have a pod with your name on it so they can grow your replacement. Good luck to my surviving human beings. Just watch your step and NAN NU NAN NU.”

SPORTS I CARE ABOUT
By Mike Collin

The Detroit Red Wings are still kicking rear since they are still number one in the Western Conference of the Central Division with 43 wins. The runner up is Chicago with 36 wins. I love the Red Wings!!!! The Pistons are doing so, so with a second place perch in the Eastern Conference Southwestern division.

My brother Ted is a real jerk. I went on assignment for him out to find Jason Voorhees who, stared in the recently released movie “Friday the Thirteenth,” out at Crystal Lake. I have low blood sugar so I broke into a couple of summer cabins to try to find some sustenance to maintain my sugar levels I was almost 200 feet from the nearest town so I did not have any choice. The last cabin I broke into was owned by the local sheriff. I was saved and sentenced at the same time. I knew this whole deal was a bad idea. God I hate my brother Ted.

PHYSIC REVELATIONS
By Madam Misty

Today is fish people days or the day of Pisces. I don’t know anything about psychology or nuclear physics so, I’m going to fake it till I make it. Fish people should not eat fish during the month of Pisces. If they do then they are going to either get weird nightmares about being eaten by fish people zombies.

ENTERTAINMENT NEWS
By Ted Collin

With all that goes on in Hollywood it is easy to believe that most men really want to see more films starring Sigourney Weaver or Zena, The Princess Warrior. Many also like Linda Hamilton from her brilliant dramatic work in the Terminator series. I love these gorgeous actresses. I hope the Marsmen do also so when they take over more Hamilton, Zena and Weaver movies are made in Hollywood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers